Based in Newcastle, the Trainee Administration position will work across the Purchasing, Customer Service and Accounts Receivable teams, maximising exposure to a range of key business functions. It involves constant liaising with suppliers and true to the company’s values, providing amazing customer service. Learning the operations locally and assisting the purchasing team are also priorities in this administrative position.
About the Provedores
The Provedores are a leading supplier of quality food products on the Mid North Coast. We supply some of Australia’s most favoured brands and also support local, independent artisan producers. The Provedores are all about delivering exceptional customer service. For everyone on the team, good old-fashioned relationships are paramount.
The Provedores operate from two locations: Coffs Harbour and Newcastle and have an extensive reach, servicing south from the Hunter Valley and Newcastle to Byron Bay in the north and west to the Armidale region.
The Provedores hope to find someone who will love what they do and who is keen to grow and diversify their skills within the business. There is certainly scope for the right candidate to branch into a rewarding career in the food industry.
We’re looking for someone who….
- Is a reliable and positive team player;
- Can work well in a high paced environment;
- Is not afraid of long hours and hard work;
- Is well organised and a good communicator;
- Understands the importance of great customer service;
- Is good at scheduling;
- Has a sound understanding of Outlook;
- Has a strong mathematical thinking ability;
- Can communicate effectively and is keen to develop their negotiation skills;
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude and willing to learn;
- and Is passionate about food.
The Provedores encourage all applicants who can meet the above criteria to apply, even those who have not yet entered the workforce or may have just completed high school. This is a role with great long-term potential.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter answering the below:
- Why you love food.
- How your organisational ability stands out above the rest; and
- Your current career aspirations.
Please note the following criteria for this role:
- Experience in administrative or customer service is desirable;
- Experience in food or perishable goods supply business is desirable;
- Understanding of purchasing / procurement process is desirable;
- Proven ability to commit to learning and study through a traineeship;
- A current Australian drivers licence & own transport is essential; and
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
- This position is open to school leavers and mature trainees.
If you feel your personal values and skills fit the key criteria outlined, please apply now, providing a cover letter addressing the questions above and current CV before the closing date of 3 June 2021.
Please direct further enquiries to Zac Hawke at The Provedores by phone or email:
P: 02 6658 0144 E: email@example.com